The on-premise vs. hosted IP PBX battle continues, which to choose? Each IP PBX option comes with its own characteristics and benefits, and the key is to determine which works best for your business’s unique needs. While it may seem that everything is moving to the Cloud, hosted IP PBX options are not right for everyone. I’ll help you navigate through the details of each to see which IP PBX is the right choice for you.
Saving money over time with less recurring fees and more features and customizations
- SMBs and enterprises with the technical resources to manage the system and take full advantage of premium features and integrations
- Organizations where uptime is of utmost importance, deploy a redundant or high availability solution
- When you want full control over your security, an on-prem IP PBX will let you manage, monitor and control the security of your system
- Integrated UC deployments that include systems such as CRM, hotel management, call center etc.
Businesses who need a low cost of ownership and low upfront costs
- When a IP PBX deployment needs to happen quickly, the hosted provider will take the majority of the setup tasks
- Small businesses or start-ups without readily available IT staff for system updates and maintenance
- Organizations that use out-of-the-box solutions and won’t need customized integrations with third-party systems
- Companies who want simple maintenance, as the hosted provider takes on maintenance and upgrades